It is so complicated nowadays to know what is what in terms of research.
You open the internet and there are millions of data that contradict themselves. There are so many diets out there : Paleo, Atkins, Mediterranean, Japanese, Chinese, Low Sugar, No Sugar …… a million options basically.
If you really want to know the truth, most of them work because they eliminate junk food and add vegetables. Then you need to analyse the longevity of you following the diet and the research behind it.
People talk about “research” and but they know little about what research is and how to know if it is good or not. Not every research is good ! Always look for A Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial. They are impartial.
I will give you a few tips, about what to look for :
1. Is the researched based on a randomised controlled trial (RCT)
2. How were the participants recruited and allocated?
3. Are the participants and researchers “blind / impartial”?
4. Is all the data collected in the same way?
5. Does the study have enough participants?
6. Are the results precise?
7. How are the results presented?
See how many factors one must pay attention? Sometimes researches are sponsored. Take care with those. Always read the part where is written Acknowledgments. If you see the name of a company that creates a conflict of interest, it is not a good research.
If you want to look into this a bit more, go online and look for a Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial that contains the following:
4. Methods : Subject recruitment, Study methods, Sample size determination, Study endpoints, Statistical analyses,
See, it is not that simple. If you don’t know what you are doing or have no training in analyzing research, my advice is to just leave it for the experts.
For more tips, recipes, and exercises please get my books The Rawfit Diet and The Rawfit Diet Cookbook and my application a Million Workouts by Rawfit via my website www.rawfit.com.au